System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) is a systems management software product developed by Microsoft for managing large groups of computers running Windows NT, Windows Embedded, macOS (OS X), Linux or UNIX, as well as mobile devices.Configuration Manager provides remote control, patch management, software distribution, operating system deployment, network access protection and hardware and software inventory.
The Microsoft SCCM Action Pack allows you to build visual workflows to automate Software Deployment related activities.
- Automic 12 or above
- WinRM Configured
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2012 R2 / 2016
- Download the Microsoft SCCM Action pack GitHub project archive from marketplace
- Extract the archive to get the PCK.CUSTOM_MICROSOFT_SCCM_1.X.X.zip file, this is the actual action pack.
- Log onto the Automic Web Interface.
- Navigate to Administation tab
- Click Packs then click Install Pack
- Select the action pack that you downloaded. Upon installation, the pack PCK.CUSTOM_MICROSOFT_SCCM should appear
- Add Computer to Collection
- Create Collection
- Delete Collection
- Deploy Application
- Trigger SCCM Client Actions
Although this was developed using an SCCM 2016 system ,the PowerShell scripts do seem to work with SCCM 2012 R2 as well.
To enable loading the PowerShell module and successfully running the scripts, some extra steps have to be taken: Install the SCCM 2012 R2 Console on the Agent machine from where the WinRM session is created. Open PowerShell from the SCCM console once to create the required Registry settings.
Do a Google search for "SCCM 2012 r2 get-psdrive" for more information.
A member of the Automic Community