nginx is an http webserver that supports techniques like load balancing, ssl, and reverse proxying. To simplify the process of installing nginx, building the configuration and setting up your templates, and get you started quickly, we provide you with more than 10 actions that automate these steps.
- Automic 11.2 or above
- Plugin Manager
- PowerShell 3 or above
- Download the Action Pack from Automic marketplace
- Extract the archive to get the PCK.CUSTOM_NGINX_1.0.0.zip file, this is the actual action pack.
- Log onto the Automic Web Interface (ECC).
- Navigate to Administation tab
- Click Packs then click Install Pack
- Select the action pack that you downloaded. Upon installation, the pack PCK.CUSTOM_NGINX should appear
- Install nginx
- Add existing Installation
- Discover Configuration
- Copy Content
- Add HTTP Server to Config
- Add HTTPs Server to Config
- Add Certificate
- Add Server Pool
- Add Location
- Remove Server Pool
- Remove Location
- Remove HTTP Server
- Remove HTTPs Server
- Remove Server from Pool
- Quit / Stop / Start Server
- Uninstall nginx
Tested on Windows 2012 R2 and Ubuntu Server 16.0.4 with nginx 1.11.2
This Action Pack was developed as part of project Makalu where Automic Summer Interns were asked to design, develop, test, and document action packs. The nginx action pack was developed by Robin Hödl and Christoph Niederer.
A member of the Automic Community