- How can you graphically visualise all jobs that will be executed as part of a schedule?
- How can you graphically visualise all nested workflows and jobs that will be executed as part of a workflow?
- How can you discover all instances of an Automation Engine object and graphically visualise the context in which it is defined and executed? This is key when evaluating the impact of changing a job as part of an upgrade for example.
- How can you discover missing objects and graphically visualise the context in which they are defined and therefore the potential impact of the missing definition?
- How can you graphically expand and visualise the external dependencies within the workflows in which they are defined?
Extractaflow for the Automic Automation Engine is a fantastic utility that provides discovery and graphical visualisation of object definitions and dependencies. Extractaflow provides a number of features which allow you document and learn complex implementations. Extractaflow can quickly establish connections between jobs and workflows and represent them as an easy to read diagram. Extractaflow can expand a workflow and all the nested workflows recursively to a defined level of expansion, giving a full picture of the end to end execution stack from the very first workflow to the last job.
Extractaflow will help you to find where an object is used and visualise the full complexity of dependencies, which can help you to assess the functional impact of modifying a single object.
- Expand workflow - draw a workflow, find all the other workflows nested inside that workflow and expand and draw them as well. This operation is repeated recursively to the lowest level until all workflows are drawn or a configurable search limit is reached.
- Expand schedule - draw a schedule, find all the workflows nested inside the schedule and expand and draw them as well. This operation is repeated recursively to the lowest level until all workflows are drawn or a configurable search limit is reached.
- Usage chain - find all the instances where an object is used and draw them, then find where all those objects are used and draw them. This operation is repeated recursively until all connected objects are found and drawn or a configurable search limit is reached.
- Extremely Large Workflows – discover and visualise complex multi-layered processes consisting of hundreds or thousands of objects in a single click.
- Identify missing objects – highlight missing objects on your diagram with a colour of your choice and visualise the context and they are defined in.
- Draw workflow - draw a single workflow with all nested tasks.
- Export to PDF or Print or all drawings.
- Task Connector Labels: Task connectors are labelled according with the expected task state of the predecessor.
- Task Connectors colour coded: Task connectors are colour coded according to the colours chosen for each individual task state.
- Task aliases can be used to label a task instead of the object name
- Active vs Inactive objects can be colour coded
- "Drill down" to sub workflows is not supported within drawings
- Evaluation and Subscription license options have been added
- Under features fix the type "Export to PDF or Print or all drawings."
This plugin has no official releases yet
Forest Technologies LtdWoolyard, 52 Bermondsey Street
London SE1 3UD
Singapore office address:
8 Wilkie Road,
#03-01 Wilkie Edge,