- HP UFT actions in this pack support HP UFT 12.0.2
- HP UFT actions in this pack support CA Release Automation 5.0 and later
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprises 64 bit
The following update was made for 10.2.1507.
- Updated the product name from Hewlett Packard Unified Functional Testing to HP Unified Functional Testing
Install the Action Pack
Install and use these actions to execute commands and tasks in HP UFT.
Follow these steps:
- Verify the .
- Deploy the action pack for HP UFT.
For more information, see .
- Use HP UFT actions in CA Release Automation processes.
Prerequisites to Run HP UFT Actions
Download and import the Action Pack as a prerequisite to run actions with HP UFT:
- Download the action pack from.
- Extract the Action Pack zip file to get the action pack .jar file.
- Use Actions Management to import the action pack .jar file into CA Release Automation.
- Unified Functional Testing is required to be installed the same computer as the CA Release Automation agent.
If the agent is remote, set up the DCOM Configuration Properties on the remote computer.
Follow these steps:
- Select Start, and Run.
- Type dcomcnfg, and press Enter.
- The Distributed Com Configuration Properties or the Component Services dialog displays
- Select QuickTest Professional Automation, and open the application properties.
- In the Properties dialog, select the Security tab,
- Select Launch Permissions, Custom, and click Edit.
- Select the Network Users or Groups to allow or deny permissions, click Add or Remove, and click OK to confirm.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 to allow or deny the Configuration permissions.
- Select the Identity tab, and Interactive User.
- To save the properties click OK, and click OK to close the Distributed COM Configuration Properties.
The Distributed COM Configuration Properties are saved.
The HP UFT action pack uses vbscript to interact with HP UFT from outside through the Automation Object Model.
HP UFT Actions
The Action Pack for HP UFT provides the following actions:
This plugin has no version history