The Chef actions use the Java CLI and are executed from the command line.
For a list of input and output descriptions for deployed actions, refer to:
- Chef Actions in this document
- The embedded actions help that is available in your installation at http://<yourdeployment>/nolio-app/actionshelp.jsp.
- in this pack support Chef 11.8.0
- Chef actions in this pack support CA Release Automation 5.0 and later
- Windows 2008 R2 and Linux Red Hat 6
The following update was made for 10.4.1406.
- Password is listed in the action log as clear text.
Install the Action Packs
Install and use these actions to execute commands and tasks in Chef.
Follow these steps:
- Verify the Prerequisites to Run Chef Actions
- Deploy the action pack for Chef.
For more information, see . and Plug-ins
- Use Chef actions in CA Release Automation processes.
Prerequisites to Run Chef Actions
To run Chef actions, verify the following prerequisites:
- Download and import the Action Pack.
Follow these steps
- Download the action pack from CA Support.
- Extract the Action Pack zip file to get the action pack .jar and the dependencies .zip files.
- Extract the dependencies.zip file.
- Import both the .jar and the contents of the dependencies .zip into CA Release Automation using Actions Management.
If the action pack for Chef is manually copied and imported:
- Get the javax.json-api-1.0.jar and javax.json-1.0.jar files from one of the following locations:
- CA FTP site
- Add the files to the actionLibs directory under the product installation. The jar files are automatically downloaded and added to the actionLibs directory when the Chef Action pack is deployed using the Action Pack Manager.
Note: T o use Chef actions, the agent must be installed on the system where Chef Workstation is installed or configure
The Action Pack for Chef provides the following actions:
This plugin has no version history