Prerequisites to Run F5 BIG-IP Actions
To run F5 BIG-IP actions, verify the following prerequisites:
Release Automation uses a web-service client that runs on a JVM.
- If the F5 server listens over https, then store the corresponding certificates in a JVM Keystore.
- If Release Automation runs in a multi-JVM environment, then store the certificates in the same JVM used by Release Automation.
- Download and import the the Action Pack:
- Download the action pack.
- Extract the Action Pack zip file to get the action pack .jar and the dependencies .zip files.
- Extract the dependencies.zip file.
- Import both the .jar and the contents of the dependencies .zip into CA Release Automation using Actions Management.
- When the action pack manager deploys the F5 BIG-IP action pack, the requisite jar file dependencies are automatically downloaded to the actionLibs directory.
- The exception is the iControl.jar file, import this file manually.
Follow these steps:
- Download the iControl.jar file to your local drive from https://devcentral.f5.com/d/icontrol-library-for-java-source.
- Launch Automation Studio.
- Under the Administration tab, click Actions Management.
- Click the Import Action Package icon.
- Navigate to the downloaded version of the iControl.jar file.
- Click Open, verify your selection, and then click Import
- F5 BIG-IP actions in this pack support the F5 platform 11.5 and 10.2
- F5 BIG-IP actions in this pack support CA Release Automation 5.0 and later
- Windows 2008 R2 and Linux Red Hat 6
Supported Transport Protocols
Release Automation is a client of the F5 BIG-IP Management Console API. The F5 BIG-IP actions connect with the F5 BIG-IP Management Console API using the iControl interface. Because F5-iControl supports HTTP and HTTPS, Release Automation actions support HTTP and HTTPS.
F5 BIG-IP Actions
The F5 BIG-IP Action Pack provides the following actions:
This plugin has no version history